What Causes Autism In Children?

What causes autism in children? From food to medication to chemicals and genes, the cause of it all has been a controversial subject, but what researchers have found is that genes play a big role with autism.

Watch as Thomas Frazer PhD., a clinical psychologist at Cleveland Clinic Center For Autism, describes how very early in autism research, about 20 years ago, they began to study identical and fraternal twins. As identical twins share genes and fraternal twins share half of their genes, they discovered that when one twin from the identical pair was diagnosed with autism, there was a 90% chance that the other would also. As for fraternal twins if one was diagnosed the other would only have a 10% to 20% chance. With this study, they immediately knew autism had a genetic component but they still have not been able to pinpoint it to one out of hundreds connected to autism.

New Legislation Will Allow Drivers With Autism To Add Communication Impediment Designation To ID: Click “Next” below!

The Autism Site is a place where people can come together to support people who are affected by autism spectrum disorder. In addition to sharing inspiring stories, shopping for the cause, and signing petitions, visitors can take just a moment each day to click on the red button to provide therapy for children and families living with autism spectrum disorders. Visit The Autism Site and click today - it's free!