The Healthy Recipe For No-Bake Cookies – You Won’t Even Notice A Difference!chalc3d0ny
Despite even the best-intentioned plans to stay on the straight and narrow when it comes to your health, sometimes those sugar-filled treats still have a way of sneaking into your day. We wanted to come up with a dessert that we could indulge in without having to feel badly about it and without sacrificing the work we’ve already put in, so we came up with these cookies. Not unlike our first batch of no-bake chocolate oat cookies, these oat cookies are amazingly easy and delicious – but they’re way better for us because they have no added sugar! Using natural peanut butter (we couldn’t resist throwing that in there), coconut oil and honey, we’re able to get great flavor without giving ourselves a cavity – hurray for healthier dessert!
Sugar-Free Chocolate Oat Cookies
30min to prepareYield: 3 dozen
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter, optional
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine honey, peanut butter and coconut oil, stirring until everything blends together smoothly.
- Stir in oats, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and mix until everything is fully incorporated and coated.
- Use a spoon or small ice cream scoop to drop cookies down onto parchment-lined baking sheets, then place in freezer for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Store in an airtight container either in the fridge or freezer (depending on how you like them) and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes